25.7.05

a job well done.

Am sitting in the kitchen on a stool, eating a purple ice-pop and contemplating the disaster around me. Megan is toweling her hair and giggling. It's after 11 pm and I have just completed my very first perm- on Megan's trusting head. :-)

There are curlers and curler papers and spray bottle and bottles of weird stuff that melts your hair if you leave in too long. The place stinks. I really don't know what possesed her to say I could do it! You should have seen the looks on Mrs. Murray's and Mom's faces when the walked in to see my curler job. It did look kind of odd. Besides there were too few of the curlers and they were too big and very much the wrong shape. So much for reading the instructions before we started.

But lest you think poor Megan is doomed to months of hideousness: the perm was one of those week-long things. That means if its horrid, she will only have to live with it for a week. One week of looking horrible. Shouldn't be too bad.

9 comments:

melrandall said...

Where are the pictures of this great fiasco, so that we can ALL enjoy it for a week? hehe. Maybe I'll let you do my hair someday. oh, wait...

brilynne said...

So what happened? I forgot to ask the lady herself.

CKS said...

Don't you mean "one week of looking more than usually horrible?" I feel certain that's what you meant.

Though some of us don't need a perm to assist us in that.

(I figured I'd slam myself, too, before anyone else could)

Kate said...

no comment, Craig.


Well, it didn't exactly look horrible, but it wasn't exactly a success either. In fact, it was a flop. It is sort of half-heartedly curly at odd places on her head, and rather straight on others. Mostly it just looks wild. So much for my long dreamed of career as a hairdresser.

Kristi said...

Craig, that was lower than usual for you.

Booker said...

A perm that 'flopped'. Now that is descriptive! and I second Mels question. I don't think Craig said enough and I'm sure the photos would help his creative juices.

And then you could get all fired up and angry and over protective and we'd have a huge fight on our hands and the rest of us could just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Now doesn't that sound like fun? Who's with me..

TripleNine said...

If bria can humiliate herself why not megan too? Bring on the pictures!

brilynne said...

ahem.

Booker said...

hahahaahahaha!!! Nice one Bro...