3.12.05

The phone rang this morning while I was still in bed at 10 am. I listened to Grandma answer it, "Hello, this is Mrs. Anderson, how may I help you? ... Lisa?" I was out of bed like a shot!

Yes! I got to talk to Lisa in Jerusalem! She is doing well, is happy but still suffering from jet lag compounded by the tail end of a cold. Mostly she has been recovering at the apartment, and hasn't been out anywhere much yet.

SO GOOD to hear from her! The connection was horrid, but that was okay. I miss her so much and I wish I was there SO MUCH but it is just so good to have her there.

I got of the phone and howled. As I said to Grandma, Everything is good and right and just as it should be, but I reserve the right to cry anyway. :-)

Now I am going to go ride my fat brown pony named Llewie, and if he bucks me off I shall be very mad indeed.

Happy Sabbath to you all! It is truly a lovely one.

2 comments:

lis said...

Happy Sabbath to you, too! I was in the Old City today,and it just doesn't feel right without you! I had no time to howl, but it would've been a relief if I had, I suspect.

Shall we spend the Millennium over here together?

Kate said...

Sounds good to me. :-)