13.11.06

HP M-16s

My parents' laptop recently gave up the ghost for the third time. It has outlived two warranties, a new motherboard, and other issues. The thing has been more problem than it is worth.

Multiple phone conversations with HP seem to have worn Daddy's patience down to a fine point- evidenced by the following phone conversation overheard this evening.

Bob Adams vs. HP automated voice activated customer service recording.

"Pavilion ZD7000."
"Laptop."
"No, its a laptop."
(at this point the recording is insisting that he actually has a printer)
"LAPTOP!"
"You are INSANE!"
(the recording says, I didn't understand you, what did you say?)
"M-16."
"I HAVE ONE AIMED AT YOUR HEAD! LAPTOP! LAPTOP! LAPTOP! LAPTOP! LAPTOP!
(Mom in the background- "Bob, stop it!)
"LAPTOP! LAPTOP! LAPTOP!"

CLICK.
(he hangs up)

(to the rest of us in the room)
"I think we got off on the wrong foot."

(Daniel breaks in with this happy thought)
"Daddy, sometimes they record these calls for security reasons."

7 comments:

KJ said...

I laughed so hard at this! What a great tale! Your family makes me so happy :)

Hey, want to watch a movie together in 12 days? How 'bout "Far From the Madding Crowd?" ;)

Kate said...

Sounds GREAT!!! :-)

Looking forward to seeing you.

drewey fern said...

What a fabulous tale! Your dad is awesome:)

Booker said...

Daniel is correct. Watch out, Big Brother is right next to you, right now...

Linds said...

That made me LAUGH!

Claire said...

Oh my word- super funny story!... but your poor dad- I've been there. Not with a computer helpline but with my phone card customer service line. That stupid woman's voice saying multiple times in way too calm tones, " I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Did you say...?" was enough to practically send me over the edge. I was yelling into the phone and I had no wife to stop me.

Isaac Demme said...

Haha!

I have had multiple conversations with that selfsame recording from hell.

I'm glad to hear that SOMEONE was able to put it in its place.
:)