1.8.07

Books

With birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and a book wish-list of decent length, I made my way to to the Amazon a week or so ago.

Then I spent the next several days checking the front desk every day- hey, you never know!

Today they were on Grandma's kitchen table and I was so excited I nearly cried!


I am now the happy owner of:

The Complete English poems of John Donne (beautiful hardcover edition- I have wanted this for so long!)

Christianity for Modern Pagans Pascal's Pensees(I am going to leave this around at the restaurant- Just Kidding!)


I am so happy about them I am going to leave right now for softball and take them with me. That way I can show them to Gretchen who will be suitably excited for me.


TTFN

4 comments:

Booker said...

Hurray for Hardcover books! I know the feeling :-)

brilynne said...

I'm so excited for you! Wicked impressed about the Pensees. Let me know what you make of them.

drewey fern said...

Wheeee! Congrats! One of my profs once wrote that one of my essay sentences sounded like Pascal, and now I have a soft spot in my heart for him:) Sigh - would that it had been more than one sentence... :)

drewey fern said...

KATIE YOU WROTE THIS POST 25 YEARS AGO AND IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO WRITE A NEW ONE!

Heehee - how annoying that I just wrote that in all caps. Or at all. Oh well. I think it's pretty funny, so I'll leave it:)