1.3.09

Hello, hello? Anybody still here?

The sound of my small voice is swallowed up by the darkness in the room. I open the door a little wider and hesitantly put in my head. When was the last I was here anyway? I flick on the light and blink in surprise. It really has been a long time! Everything is covered in dust. I see the footprints of friends who have come and gone and not found me at home.

Oh well! A good dusting, a little beating of the rugs, maybe make a pot of tea for myself and a pot of coffee for everybody else. Put out the welcome mat, turn on the music, pull up the shades... maybe they will come back.

3 comments:

Claire said...

YAY!!You're back!

The word verification here is "oftwin." Hee hee!

lis said...

They will! They will!

(And mine is "janes.")

Sarah said...

Coffee is nice. (and "digefer")