23.5.09

Sometimes.

Sometimes I wander around aimlessly; bereft. I feel as if I belong to no one, that I belong nowhere. Life is just not what my child-self expected all those years ago. Where is the wonder and joy?

Then I remember...

This is not my home,
I do not belong;

and some day soon I will arrive at the door of Heaven, see Him whom my soul loves and I will be at Home forever.



And on a trivial note: the quality of one's life is sometimes temporarily improved by the addition of one pair of astonishing striped knee socks.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I was just thinking something like this the other day. Too bad for me I didn't think to blog about it. But also good, because then you might not have. :)

I wonder if astonishing knee socks would improve my life, too.

Kate said...

Write about it too! Then I can read it and comment.

If you wore astonishing knee socks nobody would notice... unless you wore a kilt too. I guarantee that WOULD improve the quality of your life, and everybody else around you- at lest temporarily. :-)