20.6.06

Compliments and accomplishments of dubious worth

Yesterday at work we ran into a lull in the general rush of lunchtime. Those of us making sandwiches were standing around, doing odds and ends of cleaning and amusing ourselves with rather aimless chatter. Somehow we suddenly found ourselves trying to see if we could touch our toes without bending our knees. I, being the oldest by far, should have been the least limber. Actually I was the only one able to touch my toes. I can even touch the floor. The 19-year-old and the two 18-year-olds could hardly get past their shins. How young and agile I feel! What a pointless exercise! How odd we must have looked from any customer's point of view. :-)

Today I was informed in heartfelt tones by my friend Kristen that I was the most Catholic-minded Christian she had ever met! I took it as the compliment she meant it for, but it does sound odd. I can just hear Andrea laughing...

5 comments:

ethan demme said...

hmm a catholic sounding christian,
conversely can there be a
christian sounding catholic :-)

congrats on being able to touch your
toes

lis said...

Very ear-pleasing title...and funny back-handed compliment indeed! :O)

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I remember being limber too---a loooooooong time ago! 8~)

drewey fern said...

Hee hee hee - get those prayers brushed up my dear! :)

TripleNine said...

Nice job. I'm pretty sure that I've never been able to touch my toes.