29.3.07

as if we hadn't had enough travel.





We got back Sunday evening from Fairwood, hung around Monday, and left before 6 am on Tuesday to drive to Indy.

Yep. Crazy.

But Sarah was in need of a break so Mom, Megan, and I drove down, stayed there Wednesday, and drove back Wednesday night. We got back home this morning around 4 and fell into our beds happy, bone-weary, and slightly sick on iced tea, Starbucks double-shot espresso, sugar and Cheetos.

What fun!! We planned the trip as a surprise and we managed that (mostly). The chef picked us up and the front desk and brought us back to the kitchen of the training center just before dinner. She stopped talking to someone else mid-sentence and just looked at us, then said, "What are you doing here??" and burst into tears. :-)

She had Thursday evening and Wednesday off, so we ate dinner at the center, then took her to a hotel nearby. Wednesday we slept in, wandered around the center of Indy taking pictures and eating food. In the afternoon we hung out at the center. We visited Sarah's roommate, Megan helped out in the kitchen, and I tagged along with Kendra for a bit. We ate dinner out of take-out boxes in Sarah's room and left around 6:45 pm.

Wish we could have brought her home with us. Sigh.

5 comments:

lis said...

Pictures, even?!!

You are my hero!!!

Cara said...

I think you guys are the best! You're even my heroes of the day!

Claire said...

Awwwww- that was so sweet of you. How serendipitously wonderful! ( I don't know if I spelled that right or not...) Thanks for sharing the pictures!

KJ said...

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm SOOO Happy you guys got to do that! And I'm so happy for dear Sarah! What fun... I love surprises! :)

Brenda Jo said...

So nice of you to go see her! John says surprises like that are an Anderson thing. Maybe so, but they're fun!