12.3.06

Joy

Saturday I walked down from my apartment to the Main House. On the way I saw Jeff Aldrich (2 yrs. old) at the end of the house all by himself. He was kicking a small blue plastic watering can and laughing. He would kick it, listen to it clatter down the driveway a few inches, laugh gleefully, kick it again, and laugh again. What blissful love of life!

I bet God likes to see Jeff enjoying the sound of a plastic watering can on pavement. I bet He likes it when he sees me enjoying the beautiful everyday things He has created.

4 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Ah, yes. I got great joy thinking of Jeff's joy kicking the watering can.

And our loving heavenly Father has indeed given us much that is beautiful. I agree with you that He must like it when He sees us full of joy over what He has done. I am thankful for joy!

lis said...

I think He does, too!

I sometimes jokingly quote, "Simple minds, simple pleasures," but really now...God is the one who invented simple pleasures, isn't He?

Noticing all the details He puts into life makes me feel rich, rich, rich! :O)

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' Jeff surely has caught the right idea... ...I agree with you---I betchya He enjoys our pleasure too!

Brenda Jo said...

Remember to look at things "as little children".