7.3.06

Heaven... or Hell?

Today my favorite manager, Brenda, informed me that she and Kaili (college-age girl who works morning shifts with me) had decided that I would go to heaven.
Despite this obvious opportunity to spread the gospel, I am afraid that my less than pious response was this:
"When I get to the pearly gates I just say, 'Brenda said I could come in.'" Brenda laughed.
"Come visit us!" yelled Kaili from the other end of the bakery.
"Where are you going to be?"
"Brenda and I decided that we were going to H-E-double toothpicks."
I allowed as how I didn't think that was necessarily true.
Kaili said I didn't know how wicked they had been.
She hesitated for a second, then said, "But that could all change, right?"
"Yes, it could."

Yes, Kaili, you can get to heaven, and it isn't about how many wicked things you have done, or how nice you can be to other people. It has all the world to do with how much the Crown Prince of heaven loves you, Kaili, and Brenda, and how he died to give you life that goes on forever, and a mansion in heaven as a gift of love.

5 comments:

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Perhaps you planted a seed or two... ...jest tip the ol' waterin' can...
Luv Yer!

Marie said...

wow, what an opportunity...I love those little opened doors:) cool beans:) so easy to say something if the conversation is opened like that... I like it when stuff like that happens...
well anyways it's fun to be able to talk about that type of stuff if the other person initiates the conversation:) God bless talkin' to them.

Booker said...

saying the appropriate thing is very hard...

lis said...

Sounds like they really want to know, and that they are feeling out your willingness to talk about it. More questions may be coming your way...and like Marie, I LOVE it when people ask about spiritual things! Hooray, Kate!

Blue Knight said...

God knows, He sees and it appears your part of the plan. God's love is awesome. Your part of it.