30.4.05

Postscript

Yesterday I was out on our balcony fairly early in the morning. I was startled to discover raw oatmeal and raisins scattered about. This was very odd. I asked Lisa about it, but she also found it rather odd. I couldn't imagine any of our neighbors were into the habit of flinging the stuff around. Maybe there was some Passover rite involving a meal offering? Okay, I am being sacrilegious. Maybe the pigeons dropped it. Where do pigeons get raw oatmeal and raisins?

A mystery indeed.

Later that morning I went over to the neighbors to ask a question about work I was doing for them. I casually mentioned the enigmatic oatmeal and got an interesting response: Mrs. looked only surprised, but Mr. and Mike suddenly looked mischievous and rather guilty. Aha! We have culprits! The two of them had been so pleased with Yum-Yum's hunting prowess, that they decided they should start trying to attract pigeons (these are the people who spent all last summer in wholesale warfare against the pigeons) just so Yum-Yum could kill more of them! So they scattered oatmeal all over their balconies, and then threw some over the dividing wall between their balcony and ours... all the more places for Yum-Yum to stalk pigeons.
Alas, it only attracted ants.

3 comments:

Booker said...

Now those are my kind of folks!

Linds said...

Why did I know, when I saw that there was only one comment on this entry, that it would be from Derrick?? And that it would say something along the lines that it does say!! :)

Booker said...

I'm just so predictable :)

hahahhahaa