12.10.06

reality

Last night I dreamed that I was at Fairwood. Mindy was there too. She was standing by the steps by the swingset. She saw me at the same time I saw her- we ran towards each other and hugged enthusiastically. Matt was behind her, smiling at her.

In the dream I felt no sense of incongruity. I had no uncomfortable feelings or remembrance of death. Mindy was there, as she should be, and I was glad to see her. That was all.

Some day, when we have been in heaven for a few minutes, I think the sense of surprise will wear off a bit. Things will be normal in a heavenly sense. I mean that it will not seem odd at all to find Mindy alive, any more than it was odd to have her around during Bible School.

She still belongs in the land of the living, just not our part of it. Some day we will see her anytime we want. Gloriously, the novelty of it will wear away to be replaced with the familiar comfort of shared memory, close and frequent contact, laughter and labour.

Guess what my friends! Mindy is alive.

5 comments:

Booker said...

AYE!!!

KJ said...

Yes! I know those type of dreams and the best part is that after you wake up, instead of being all depressed, we CAN rejoice and be happy because it IS true! I can't wait for Heaven!!!

I was just thinking of Mindy last week. That'll be fun to see her again. :)

drewey fern said...

Amen dear. So good. So true!

Linds said...

I just dreamt about her as well. It's amazing how much a part of life she still is... can't wait til the reunion!

Christie said...

Amen! I'm looking forward to seeing my sister in more than just dreams as well. Hip hip hooray!