16.6.05

To Susie-Mum

Susie-Mum you'd be so proud of me! I got one suitcase out of storage yesterday and filled it halfway up. And I still have 17 days to go. I get more like you every day! Though I doubt I'll ever be as beautiful.

For everybody else reading this, just so you know, I have to most wonderful Mother in the world. She is short and has beautiful black hair and a lovely smile. She has done an incredible job at raising 8 children as well as being a pastor's wife for 14 years.

She has faith that moves mountains, and believes that God can provide all our needs just like He said.

She is flexible.

She is willing to uproot her life every few years to go wherever the Spirit and her husband lead.

She can pack a whole house with more strategy than a general, and muster the troops with more effective motivation than Robert E. Lee.

She can cram everything pertaining to the life and godliness of ten people into the back of our van and make it look like a work of art.

She can laugh.
She does laugh often.
She can cook a mean potato soup and her bread is out of this world.

She has Kingdom vision and is willing to follow it.
Even if it means moving her whole tribe overseas for six months and maintaining them in a new culture, language, and environment- with aplomb.

She plays the piano very well. I would much rather listen to her play than whatever-his-name-is (Andrea what IS his name?).

Do you know how much laundry 10 people generate?
There are actually days of the week when the laundry room is empty and silent.

She loves candles on Friday night, joyful music when life is hard, good books, sleepovers, and the joy when a loved one responds to God.

Her dreams are huge: "The World for King Jesus it Surely Shall Be!"

She is superwoman.

10 comments:

Laughter said...

Andrea Bocelli :)

Kate said...

No, I meant, "Andrea, if you read this, who am I thinking of that is an incredible pianist?" .... I remember!!! Ooo,Ooo! It's Van ... wait a minute. If I try to spell his name I know I'll get it wrong. I'll wait to see if Andrea reads this- I know she can spell it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's my mum! :o) Good work, Kate.

Lisa

Laughter said...

Psyche.

drewey fern said...

Van Cliburn! My piano hero:) But he is not even close to being as heroic as your mom - whom I love so very much! Well said, Kate.

KMS said...

Yes, I think your mom is cool, too. But I also know that she is a bit wicked. In fact, she is a Bad Influence on my mom. I'm not sure how wicked I realized my mom could be until I observed her with your mom.

Well, I'm sure our kids will think that we are wicked when they observe us together, too.

Hoo-ray for Susie-Q! Which, I think, is what Craig called her once when telling our mother that your mother was on the phone. I don't think we would ever attempt it to her face. We--or maybe I should say I--respect her too much. (Craig inherited some wicked genes, so I wouldn't put it past him.)

Kate said...

Craig DID call her that once to her face- I remember. Yes, that is a nickname of hers, but its Daddy's.... and maybe your Mom's.
And yes our moms do act pretty bad when they are together. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
Are you sure it is our mom who had a bad influence on yours? Maybe it's vice versa! :0)

I had NO idea, until I got to Bible School, that they had that kind of effect on each other.

Actually, I think they both just know how to have fun...

Ask your mom what she called ours when they both lived in Florida.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay. It was Kendra that said Sue has a bad influence on me, not Kayla. Kendra is KMS, Kayla is KRS. And the others are CDS--Chad, CKS--Craig and CWS--Clyde. And back to the bad influence. Her name is "Little Black Sambo." If you look that up on google and go to Amazon and "look inside this book" you'll even find a good picture of her. My name is "Massah." because I am her Massah, what else!!

All joking aside, Sue is awesome and I love her dearly--she is one of my dearest friends! Your post said it well, Katie dear.

Kayla said...

I love your mom too, Katie dawling. Especially when she and my mom are together and teasing eachother left and right. It's a sight to behold!